The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
The Risk Analysis and Risk Management process provided by Sentry completely satisfies annual federal and state audits.
The GLBA also applies to the following:
• Non-bank mortgage lenders
• Real estate appraisers
• Loan Brokers
• Debt Collectors
• Tax Return Preparers
• Disciplinary records
• Real Estate Settlement
• Service Providers
Top 5 Reasons to Undertake Risk Analysis and Risk Management:
1. Avoid security incidents
and /or breaches.
2. Ensure that high priority risks are
aggressively managed and that all
risks are cost-effectively managed
throughout the project.
3. Become a “best in class” practice.
4. Provide management at all levels with
the information required to make
informed decisions on issues critical to
5. Tremendous educational and
GLBA Compliance and Risk Management
Who is required to comply with GLBA/FFIEC regulations?
All financial institutions including banks, credit unions, insurance companies, and stock brokerage firms must comply with regulations issued by FFIEC agencies.
What are the Penalties for Violating the GLBA?
• A financial institution can be fined up to $100,000 for each violation.
• The officers and directors of the financial institution can be fined up to $10,000 for
each violation for monetary compensation for the damages.
• Criminal penalties include imprisonment for up to 5 years, a fine, or both.
• If the GLBA is violated at the same time that another federal law is violated, or if the GLBA is violated as part of a pattern of any illegal activity involving more than $100,000 within a 12-month period, the violator's fine will be doubled and he or she will be imprisoned for up to 10 years.
Sentryx Solution for GLBA/FFIEC Compliance and Risk Management
Sentryx provides expert guidance and effective software technology called SPARTAN to address the entirety of GLBA/FFIEC compliance and risk management. Our solution consistently addresses the seven elements of an effective compliance program.
Our risk assessment process includes an accurate and thorough assessment of the
potential risks and vulnerabilities to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of
• Spartan provides an accurate and thorough assessment of the potential risks and vulnerabilities to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the electronic information, whether it be client or company data.
• Definitions and default text aid in understanding of each topic and provide proper vernacular for attestation.
• Spartan solutions risk access, develop mitigation plans, and write reports.
• Spartan provides operational compliance through a mature, repeatable, complete, accurate and sustainable process and can become your on-going compliance assessment and monitoring tool.
• Spartan SaaS is an Enterprise Class platform providing Information Technology, Governance Risk and Compliance (IT GRC). Modules include HIPAA, FISMA, PCI-DSS, FERPA, NERC-CIP, Business Continuity Planning.
• Modules can be used individually or in combination when unique compliance requirements share common security controls and help us efficiently keep up with hundreds of tasks associated with each regulatory requirement.
• Spartan provides an auditable, password protected, logged documentation tool that meets requirements of internal and external audit standards.
Sentry Cybersecurity Solutions provides a methodology and software that is proactive, adaptable, and consistent with industry best standards.
The risk analysis and risk management process includes an accurate and thorough assessment of the potential risks and vulnerabilities to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of customer information and sensitive data.
An Ongoing Effort that
Requires Process Maturity
Peace of Mind
There is a Right Way and
Many Wrong Ways
Checklist and Spreadsheets
Will Not Pass Audit
Copyright © 2013 - 2019 Sentryx Cybersecurity Solutions. All rights reserved.